I have had some questions from Amanda in the comments and I wanted to address those.
What kind of workouts am I doing?
I do a cardio session first thing in the morning (my alarm is set for 5:15 but I don't usually roll out until 5:45). By first thing, I mean I get up put on my workout stuff and go out to the barn and run/walk on the treadmill. Studies show that if you do aerobic activity first thing (in a fasting state) you will burn mainly fat! That is my primary goal...so to me it is worth it to get up.
I have also been recording some of my favorite workout shows on fittv on our DVR. I find if I have some time after Bodie goes down for his nap I can do one of those in addition to the am workout. Rowdy and Avery even do it with me sometimes.
I invested in a exercise ball and some dumbbells as well. That way I can sneak in some resistance training when I have some time here and there. And some of the shows I record use these.
What kind of spices do I use to make my Terrific Twelve taste even better?
Splenda, Dill, Tarragon, Garlic Salt, Onion Powder, and I love to use season packets (you know like taco seasoning), Cinnamon, Frozen Berries (in my oatmeal), sometimes I use Extracts in my protein shakes to make them yummy. Oh, I almost forgot hot sauces on my egg white breakfast burritos.
What do you guys like to use out of your spice rack to make your healthy food more exciting?
UPDATE! I am down another 3.5 pounds since back from Hawaii...for a total of a 12.5 loss so far! Only 35.5 to go! I should test my body composition, because to me that is a better indicator of progess. Hold the phone...I'll go do it right now....
Drum Roll please....34.8%. That means I have approximately 57.5 pounds of fat on my body and about 108 pounds of muscle. Man! I have lost about 7 pounds of muscle tissue since pregnant with Bodie....that is terrible!!! I need to hit the weights harder. Do you see how knowing how much fat and muscle you have can give you a clearer picture as to what you goals should be? The more muscle you have the more efficiently you burn fat! So, new goal is to add some muscle so I can be a better fat incinerating machine. Ideally, I want about 115 pounds of muscle and about 15 pounds of fat...or 130 pounds total. You can go back and reread and do the math to see how much I weigh right now. : P
Sorry this is so long but I guess I needed to fine tune my goals and drag you along. In case you are wondering, I use a Omron-Body Fat Analyzer HBF-306 to test my Body Fat at home.
Have a great day you guys!!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
I want to come over and use that thing, but I'm sort of afraid of the answer...But knowledge is power, and like you say, it would help me know what I should be working on. When you say start first thing in the morning, does that just mean before you eat breakfast? I've been trying to fit in a short run right after I drop off kids to school, so I've been up and about, but haven't eaten - am I getting the same benefit? Thanks so much for this blog, you're my hero.
Your my hero too!!! I am feeling the lack of motivation when I don't get results quickly and then I got sick and couldn't work out so I want to get remotivated!!! Thanks for answering my questions. I had been working out at night when I put my kids to bed but often times I am tired and can worm my way out of it... but I need to go back to mornings I think! This will help me! My problem is I like to watch tv when I work out and there isn't anything good on in the morning! I like to watch American Idol or something.... I think you listed some of the same spices I would use but I have a problem with splenda. That is another issue all together though. Anyway this is a long comment and I will stop. But good advice! Oh and on
I forgot to ask you what you think of weightloss shakes... like slimfast. I don't use them 2 meals a day but I have tried them just for lunch and a peice of fruit? Are they more harm then good?
Okay you are so on a different plain than me. I just don't pay that much attention to stuff like that. I do try to eat healthy, but I am afraid the only excercise I get right now is running after the kids and running up and down the stairs. I wish I was more in tune with my body like you. As far as flavorings I like Ms. Dash, adds some bold flavors. You need to post some more pictures of your cuties on your blog. HOpe all is well. I am proud of you lady,you are doing awesome. Keep inspiring us lazy ones :)
Post a Comment