Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Chocolate, Chocolate Everywhere!

Over that last few days I have had my share of opportunity to eat Chocolate and I have said no each time. I met a little brownie on Sunday morning that I said no thank you to. I met some awfully tasty looking lemon bars and more peanut buttery chocolate brownies later Sunday afternoon. Last night was a board meeting for Avery's preschool...Hello yummy looking cookie thingy that had cookie dough, cream cheese and peanut butter in it....Good Grief... but again I said no thank you. Then at the actual parent meeting for the love of all that is holy....another plate of brownies!!!! And today I went to Bi-Mart and was literally in a trance standing there in the Easter Candy section dazed by all the different types of chocolate. I found my self touching that bags and wondering if I brought some home could I stand having it in the house and not eat it. Believe me it all looked so good. But I went to the protein bar section and bought one of those instead.

The diet program I follow allows me to have a "free" day. I can eat what ever I want on that one day. So believe you me I will be havin' me some chocolate before the week is out. I don't believe in diets that don't allow you to be human and enjoy treats every once in a while. But isn't it interesting how many times you can be faced with bad food choices day after day. When I am not in control I would have said yes to each one of those encounters with the lemon bars and brownies and that's no good.

Side Note: In order for the "free" day concept to work I eat extremely clean that rest of the week. It has to do with calorie spikes and shocking your body into knowing that you are not starving by eating so clean. See Body for Life in my sidebar.

2 comments:

Amanda Davis said...

I love the idea of having a free day. I try this also and it seems to help me stay sain if nothing else. But I find myself being better even on my free day when I am being sucessfull. When I am like I am right now and not loosing even with all my efforts I seem to get down about it and be worse on my free day and my free day might turn in to a free weekend..... I am hoping to glean more wisdom from you as we go along here! Thanks!

Alli said...

I once felt like I was slightly addicted to chocolate, so I went 3 weeks without, and I really didn't feel too deprived. So I know I can control the cravings, and have the willpower to do it. I attack it more through portion control than timing control now and it seems to work (at least at the times I haven't totally thrown caution to the wind).