Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Confession!

I takes a lot of effort to eat the way I do to lose weight. I eat every 2-3 hours. I make sure that protein and good carb are represented at each meal.

I am having a stressful day and when I am stressed I don't want to eat every 2-3 hours dainty little preplanned meals with the correct ratios of everything. I want to sit and eat for about 20 minutes straight until I am stuffed and don't have to think about food hours on end. I would feel good for a split second and then get punched in the face with the reality that I workout this morning for nothing and I certainly don't feel like working out again today because I am to full.

Now, I know what you are thinking...that sounds like a binge. Well it is! When I am trying to lose weight it is just so much effort! Eating junk food takes no effort!

I am just having a moment of weakness because of something that is on my mind and I decided to blog about it instead of stealing anything from my children's Halloween stash.

I am seeing too much progress to make a stupid mistake...I know what a Peanut Butter Cup tastes like and I know what guilt feels like...been there done that! I also know what it feels like to do a one armed push up and to demonstrate a handstand to my daughter and I think those two things taste better than any food I could eat right now because I am stressed out!

Just a little glimpse of WONDER WOMEN! I still need to post about her!

3 comments:

Amanda Davis said...

You are amazing! I haven't found the self control yet. I do really well and feel good but chocolate tastes so good that I figure one peice isn't going to hurt... well one is never really one so it does hurt. I lost 6 and gained one in a matter of a day... It is so discouraging! I am sure I have gained more because we threw a birthday in there too! So Maybe I can get the guts up to want it bad enough that nothing will stop me!

Mama Rak said...

Rah rah for you! Sadly I did dip into the kids' candy stash. I kept up my normal workouts, but I'm sure that doesn't cancel out the bad eating. Unfortunately, we didn't get our normal 500 kids going around the neighborhood, so there was 4 (read them 4!) unopened bags of candy leftover from Halloween. I've been fairly careful, but not resistent. Oh, did I mention I'm eating a chocolate covered rice krispy treat as I write this? What's wrong with me!!!????

Nic

Alli said...

It IS a lot of effort! I don't like to think about food so much - it robs it of its enjoyment. Same reason I hate cooking :( But I still love eating! Keep it up girl - you are a great inspiration :)