Friday, September 19, 2008

Progress!

I have been working out very regularly. Mainly cardio but some weight training when I can. I am excited to say that I have said bye-bye to 13 pounds. I am getting up at 5am and doing a
30 minute cardio session and then when Bodie goes down for his afternoon nap I do another 30 minutes. I burn about 600 calories a day. I have been sleeping better. I have more energy and motivation to get things done on my never ending list of things to do.

I want to lift weight more because I feel like I need to firm up more. But I feel GREAT about my progress so far. There is a HUGE difference when I jog on the treadmill without those extra 13 pounds.

I have to run for now I have to get the boy off to school.

2 comments:

Dana said...

Found your blog today from your post on mine. I did "body for life" after my first child. He is now 5 and I have 2 more. I can't believe the the time has passed and how the pounds have crept on. I feel the worst I have ever felt in my life and I felt the best when doing Body for Life. I wasn't as strict as I should of been, but the lbs. came off and I looked better than I had ever looked. I need some kind of motivation. You would think all of my clothes not fitting woudl do it but it just doesn't. Any ideas? It is one of those things you just have to decide to do. Anyway, your post was very inspiring. 13 lbs. That is great! Congrats a million times. I am obese by the calculations...but have been saying that for years now. I need to loose probably 35-40 lbs. ugghh!

Amanda Davis said...

Great job! I was pretty excited to do 2 lbs in 4 days!!! I won't weigh again till Friday and I will let you know! I can't believe you do an hour a day! Although I typically sneak in a walk or bike ride to pick kids up from school if the weather permits but it is less intense then my morning work out. I am trying to do an eveing work out too though. I am sitting wathing tv anyway might as well burn dinner off while I am at it right! Plus my husband doesn't like dancing with the stars and then I can watch it while he watches something else in the other room. Thanks for the inspiration!